Hope I find you well on this Wednesday afternoon! I have successfully managed to complete my undergraduate degree and I am about to embark on my masters and for anyone starting uni this month I thought I would out together some tips and tricks for bossing uni 😀
First thing is first, you will need to get a couple bits together to make sure you are prepared.
- A diary – preferably a pretty one so you are more likely to use it :3
- Notebooks – get all the notebooks, its amazing how quickly you can get through them
- Sticky notes – if you jot down anything that really needs to be done and stick it to your wall, the visual prompt will be a life saver!
- Highlighters – does what it says on the tin really doesn’t it! But it just makes a notes page or lecture slide look so much more visually appealing to your eyeballs O.o
- Book stickies – you can throw these onto any pages in textbooks which explain something really well, so you can easily find it again. HANDY!
- Pens and pencils
For the lecture
Turning up is a good start >.< once you got that down, you are golden 😉
Its good to be slightly prepared for the lecture by printing out the lecture beforehand. This can be done in any format you like but personally I put 6 slides to a page then annotated and highlighted around and on the slides during the lecture.
Its also really helpful to record the lecture on your phone for example, so if you miss something the lecturer says then later on you can just play it back. You will need to ask the lecturers’ permission to do this though, as you know it is their voice and information.
After the lecture
For me personally I can only really process information once I have written it down, and I also much prefer revising from my own handwriting. So after lectures I would like to write it up and do any of the reading they suggest and write down anything useful I read. I have my own little way of doing this using colour coding so it makes finding vital information easier. I explain this a bit in my video if you are interested 🙂
Thats it! Now onto the next one, or well …. lets be real here, the pub 😉 If you would like me to do a post on how a revise, just let me know 😀
I have made a video if you would prefer to listen to me ramble 🙂